American Horror Story
Character: Constance Langdon / Sister Jude Martin / Fiona Goode / Elsa Mars
Created by: Brad Falchuk, Ryan Murphy
Directed by: Bradley Buecker, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, Michael Uppendahl
Written by: Brad Falchuk, Ryan Murphy
Produced by: Alexis Martin Woodall, Robert M. Williams Jr., Chip Vucelich, Lou Eyrich, Eryn Krueger Mekash, Joe Incaprera, Eric Kovtun, Patrick McKee
Cast Members: Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Taissa Farmiga, Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott
Episode(s) Number: Appeared in almost any episode from season 1 to 4, 8x06 & 8x10
Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller
An anthology series centering on different characters and locations, including a house with a murderous past, an insane asylum, a witch coven, a freak show, a hotel, a possessed farmhouse, a cult, and the apocalypse.
• Get committed
• The Asylum Is Open for Business. Check Your Sanity at the Door.
• You’re going to die in there.
• We Are All Freaks!
• All Monsters Are Human!
• Make Your Reservation.
• Join Us.
• Be Of Like Mind.
• On Wednesdays we wear black
• Ryan Murphy and Jessica Lange became so close friends during season 1 that Murphy has consulted with the actress when writing the other characters. For example, Lange wanted to play a big drunk scene and sing in season 2 (therefore Sister Jude does these things), she also wanted to play an elegant woman wearing Chanel in season 3 (therefore Fiona dressed impeccably). Lange herself is also a photographer, and she was particularly attracted to the circus world, especially during the 50s. Hence the character of Elsa Mars, owner of a freak show.
• Jessica Lange originally turned down the role of Constance in season 1, but finally accepted after creator Ryan Murphy repeatedly offered her the role.
• Jessica Lange didn’t return in the fifth season because she said it was too much to do 5 seasons of the same show, she wanted to do something different.
• Jessica Lange said the worst thing about her character as Constance Langdon (from season one – Murder House), were the hairstyles.
• Jessica Lange says her favorite season was “Freakshow”.
• I can’t focus on your… career right now. I maybe looking at a rather Earth shattering situation. [Constance Langdon]
• Have you any idea what’s going on out there? Now, I forgave your ham-handed mass murder business with the bus over exuberance of youth and all that, but if you haven’t got the Goddamn brains to know that when strangers come asking questions, we close ranks, then I fear our line is truly at an end. [Fiona Goode]
• I COULDN’T TOAST A PIECE OF BREAD with the heat they were putting on you. You… are soft. You’re emotional, you care what people think. Now, if there’s one thing you learn before leaving this place is that we, even the WEAKEST among us, are better than the best of them. [Fiona Goode]
• The point is… in this whole wide wicked world… the only thing you have to be afraid of… is me. [Fiona Goode]